This time of year is SO busy. Even with the pandemic and cancellations and closures, we all have a lot going on as we prepare for the holidays. To give you one less thing to worry about, I’ve pulled together a list of ideas to help you shop for your kiddo’s grandparents.
Grandparents nowadays are a LOT different than our grandparents were growing up. The expectations are higher. They’re expected to babysit. They’re expected to get down on the floor with the babies. They’re expected to PLAY with the grandkids. Let’s show them a little gratitude for all they do for us with a few thoughtful gifts for the holidays.
Gift Ideas for Grandparents
- Succulent – Plants are always a great gift idea! Succulents are even better! Low maintenance and unique, these plants will be a constant reminder of your gratitude to them. I love Stayin’ Alive Succulents based in Fort Worth. She has a large variety of plants and super cool planters to choose from!
- Professional photo session with the grandchildren – the great thing about photos is that they freeze a moment in time, and pictures of your kids with your parents are priceless and memories you don’t want to lose out on. I’m offering a limited number of grandparent mini sessions that you can give to them in the form of a gift certificate. Email me at email@example.com if you’re interested in purchasing one!
- My Life Story book – I love the idea of having grandparents record memories and family information to pass down to their grandchildren and generations to come. We have given this book to our kids’ grandparents in the past and look forward to reading them with our kids one day!
- Grandchild silhouette cut – Silhouette cuts are classic, timeless, and an art form. If you are unable to find a local artist to do this for you, check out Le Papier Studio which has a variety of gift options.
- Cowtown Clay – these local Fort Worth woman capture handprints of your little ones on beautiful glazed clay. They make ornaments, display plates, and more at their scheduled appointments or their mail order kits.
- Audiobook subscription – have a grandparents that loves to read but is always on the go? Gift them with an audiobook subscription, so they can listen to their books wherever they are!
- Family recipe dishcloth – is there a family recipe that is special to you or has been passed down through your family? Get it printed on a dishcloth as a way to honor it. I’ve used 24th Ave Designs locally to make these for my family.
I hope this gives you some ideas as you complete your holiday shopping! Have other ideas? I’d love to hear what you’re shopping for in the comments below!